Artichoke and Crushed Chickpea Salad
- 15 oz can chickpeas
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 0.33 C kalamata olives, chopped
- 0.5 small red onion, finely sliced
- 0.5 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 0.25 C parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs white balsamic vinegar (or 2 tsp regular)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Boil chickpeas for 30 minutes, then drain and put in large bowl. Smash them with a potato masher or big fork (but not a paste).
Combine lemon juice, olive oil, and vinegar in a jar an shake.
Fold in all other ingredients with chickpeas. Top with vinegar mixture and mix well.