Thai Tofu Red Curry
- 1 can low fat coconut milk
- 1/2 to 1 Tbs red curry paste (to desired hotness)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 small can bamboo shoots
- 2 to 3 Tbs fish sauce
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 lbs tofu
- 1 zuccini quartered lengthwise and chopped 1 inch slices (optional)
- 1/2 bell pepper sliced thinly (optional)
- 1 Tbs dried basil (not a substitute for fresh basil above)
Fry tofu until golden brown, if desired. In medium sauce pan, combine coconut milk and curry paste. Simmer 5 minutes.
Add all other ingredients and simmer 10-15 minutes. Serve with sushi rice.